Annual District &
STUDENT LEARNING and ACHIEVEMENT
- The Williamsville Board of Education will promote improved learning and achievement for all students by supporting appropriate policies and resources based on available data, research, and federal and state guidance.
STUDENT HEALTH and SAFETY
- The Williamsville Board of Education will prioritize resources necessary to support the physical, mental, social, and emotional health and safety of students throughout the 2021-2022 school year.
BOARD, DISTRICT and COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- The Williamsville Board of Education will continue to strengthen communication and relationships with the entire school community, including students, families, administrators, faculty and staff, residents, businesses, legislators, and community agencies.
BUDGET DEVELOPMENT and FISCAL OVERSIGHT
- The Williamsville Board of Education will efficiently and responsibly allocate resources in alignment with district educational goals and priorities using a transparent process that allows for community input and support.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, and INCLUSION
- The Williamsville Board of Education will encourage and support instructional and leadership practices that foster a safe, welcoming and stigma-free environment by embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion in social, economic, cultural, linguistic, intellectual, racial, educational, religious backgrounds, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression, where all students can experience a sense of belonging and maximize success.
2021-2022 DISTRICT GOALS
District Goals Progress Report (Updated June 14, 2022)
- Complete stakeholder meetings with administrators, teachers, parents, and community members to finalize the District Strategic Plan.
- Further advance a plan for diversity and multicultural appreciation in our school district in alignment with the New York State Board of Regents policy on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Continue to enhance communication with all stakeholder groups so that they are accurately informed regarding the District's school challenges and solutions and give stakeholders a chance to ask meaningful questions.
- Further develop and enhance opportunities for student learning, engagement, and innovation.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders to plan and implement a successful transition for the 2021-2022 school year.
EXCEPTIONAL EDUCATION & STUDENT SERVICES
- In the coming school year, in order to prevent a spike in the classification rate, it will be important for our teachers and service providers to monitor and recognize any adverse impact from the COVID-19 Pandemic on individual student learning.
- Recognizing that students and staff may be returning back to school with new, individual specific needs, we understand that social emotional awareness in support of learning is a primary area where continuous support and monitoring is needed. Therefore we plan, with intention, to provide students, parents and staff with predictable, connected and safe school environments to support the whole child.
- Continue to monitor the COVID-19 Pandemic and its implications for school (student attendance, temperature screening, and health monitoring).
- Enhance our technology network security via the continuation of threat prevention practices, software/hardware tactics, and external threat assessment programs.
- Update and implement the New York State Technology plan per all guidelines and requirements set forth by the New York State Education Department (NYSED).
- Research the costs and methods to effectively develop and implement a plan to convert the records in the HR Department to an electronic/digital format.
- Review and revise methods to evaluate support staff.
- Review the hiring practices utilized for CSEA staff members and update the forms related to the hiring process.
NON-INSTRUCTIONAL SUPPORT OPERATIONS
- Capital project oversight on work progress, scheduling and budget performance related to the completion of the 2018 music project and the start of the 2020 security project.
- Financial planning that facilitates the development of a fiscally sound 2022-23 budget that also emphasizes a positive future budget position for the District when the special COVID related federal funding ends.