About the District
For 125 years, education has been a civic priority in Williamsville, NY. Williamsville Central Schools continue to receive widespread community support for the many academic and extracurricular programs that prepare our students for lives in a rapidly changing world.
As the largest suburban school district in Western New York, Williamsville CSD encompasses 40 square miles including portions of the towns of Amherst, Clarence and Cheektowaga. The school district received its Certificate of Admission on February 9, 1893.
- 2019-20 enrollment: 9,926 K-12 students in 13 schools (6 Elementary; 4 Middle; 3 High).
- Williamsville high schools offer 20 different Advanced Placement course opportunities, allowing motivated students to do college level work while still in high school.
- Williamsville is consistently ranked as one of the top school districts in Western New York by independent sources that evaluate student performance data annually.
- Board of Education has nine members elected at-large to three-year terms; unpaid position.
- 2019-20 Budget: $195.1 million