For more than 130 years, education has been a civic priority in Williamsville, New York. The Williamsville Central School District continues to receive widespread community support for the many academic and extracurricular programs that prepare our students for lives in a rapidly changing world. There are six elementary schools, four middle schools, and three high school that provide and exceptional educational experience to nearly 10,000 students on a yearly basis.
As the largest suburban school district in Western New York, the District encompasses 40 square miles including portions of the towns of Amherst, Clarence, and Cheektowaga. The school district received its Certificate of Admission on February 9, 1893.
Our Mission and Beliefs
“The Williamsville Central School District is committed to empowering all students to develop their unique potential to contribute as citizens and leaders in a diverse global community.”
The Williamsville Central School District believes that:
- Students are our highest priority.
- All members of our diverse school community are valued and respected.
- Strong partnerships among schools, families, and community support student learning and well-being.
- Students learn best in a safe and welcoming environment in which they feel they belong.
- All students should have equitable access to instructional and curricular opportunities to support their success.
- Strong social-emotional competencies support learning and success in our global society.
- Growth and excellence in different forms should be encouraged, supported, and celebrated.
- Learning is a continuous, lifelong process.
Related District Information