Office of Student Services
Williamsville Central School District
2021-2022 New Student REGISTRATION
ONLINE for all students grades K-12
Enrolled Students Who Move to a New Address within the Williamsville CSD:Specifically, families who live in the District and have a change of address within the Williamsville School District do not need to register at Central Registration. These families may provide their proof of change of address (see below to determine what is acceptable) to their current school. If the new address is not assigned to the current school of attendance, a request to complete the school year at their current school may be submitted to Student Services. Questions regarding moving within the district may be directed to Student Services, (716) 626-8007.
Enrolled Students Currently Attending Non-Public Schools:Nonpublic school students who reside within the Williamsville School District and plan to return to their assigned home (public) school may register at that school and do not need to register at Central Registration. Questions may be directed to Student Services, (716) 626-8007.
Required Documents to Register a Student:
Two proofs of residence: (Full list available upon request)
- Lease OR deed (tax bill or mortgage statement accepted in lieu of deed
- Lease must include ALL occupants’ names, including student’s name.
- Utility bill including water, electric, gas, or welcome letters (Printouts from online accounts will be acceptable if they show the name, the address of the residence, and have a current date.)
- Home or rental insurance policy
- Post Office change of address mailed to the new address
Proof of age document: One of the following
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Official Record of Baptism
If either of the above are not available:
- Passport along with proof of parental/guardian relationship
Private School Student New to the District: Resident students who attend private schools are required to register with the Williamsville Central School District's Central Registration in order to receive transportation and school-based services.
Required Immunizations 2021-2022
All students of the Williamsville School District must meet immunization requirements of New York State Public Health Law. The New York State Health Department issued new immunization requirements for school entrance/attendance for the 2021-2022 school year, please see New York State Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance footnotes for a complete list of immunization requirements with vaccine specific footnotes. Please work with your child's health care provider and school nurse to determine what immunizations are needed to comply with the new vaccine requirements. These minimum requirements include:
- Diphtheria and Tetanus-containing vaccine and Pertussis vaccine (DTaP/DTP/Tdap): three doses, grades 6 through 12; three to five doses, grades K through 5.
- Tetanus and Diphtheria toxoid-containing vaccine and Pertussis booster (Tdap): one dose, students eleven years of age or older enrolling in grades 6 through 12 who have not previously received a Tdap at 7 years of age or older.
- Polio vaccine (IPV/OPV): four doses, grades K through 12, unless third dose was received at four years of age or older.
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine (MMR): two doses, grades K through 12.
- Hepatitis B vaccine: three doses, grades K through 12.
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine: two doses, grades K through 12 OR documentation of positive disease history from the health care provider.
- Meningococcal type A, C, W and Y (MenACWY) vaccine: one dose, grades 7 through 11; two doses, grade 12 with one dose on or after the age of sixteen.
Demonstrated serologic evidence of measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, varicella or *polio (must be for all three serotypes) antibodies is acceptable proof of immunity to these diseases. Diagnosis by a physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner that a child has had varicella disease is acceptable proof of immunity to varicella.
Please note: *Polio serology to all three polio serotypes is no longer available in the United States and is not an acceptable proof of immunity unless the serology testing was performed prior to September 1, 2019 and demonstrated positive immunity to all three polio serotypes.
- Most recent custody papers or notarized letter of child's schedule in each household
- IEP or 504 Plan from previous school district
- Last report card from previous school
- Physical Examination (within 12 months, allowed 30 days to obtain) completed by a NYS Health Provider
- Dental Examination Form
High School Students Only:To complete a high school schedule, a second appointment will be necessary. Appointments can be made through the high school guidance office. The registrar will provide the family with the pertinent contact information.
To ensure you are contacted for Kindergarten registration by your child’s school, a census card may be obtained by contacting Student Services, at (716) 626-8007 or it may be downloaded and returned to Student Services. A child's name is entered into the district's database upon receipt of the completed census cards.
2021-22 Open Enrollment deadline is June 1, 2021!
Open enrollment is the opportunity for students who live in the Williamsville Central School District to attend a school within the District that is outside of the student’s residential attendance area. Each school year, the Board of Education decides which schools will be available for open enrollment in the following school year, based primarily on anticipated enrollments. If a school is expected to be near or at capacity, the school may be “closed” to any students who reside outside of its designated attendance area.
The Office of Student Services must receive written requests for open enrollment for the 2021-22 school year by June 1, 2021 for grades 1 through 12; incoming Kindergarten students have a July 1, 2021 open enrollment deadline. Parents must submit a letter requesting open enrollment, including parents of eighth graders who, in the past, simply submitted a district form. They also need to submit the form and write a letter of request before the June 1st deadline. Please contact your child’s current school of attendance for more information, or call the Office of Student Services at (716) 626-8007.
For the 2021-22 school year, the following schools are available for open enrollment:
Foreign Exchange Students: Host families who live in the Williamsville Central School District may contact their districted high school to inquire about the availability and process for registering a student from an approved CSEIT program.
Transportation: For important information concerning student transportation, please visit our Transportation webpage by clicking HERE.