- The K-4 Infusion of Multiculturalism Program teaches students about different cultures through holidays and celebrations. Students are exposed to simple vocabulary in different languages.
- Click on this link to view the K-4 Infusion of Multiculturalism program.
- Formal study of French or Spanish begins in grade 5.
- Emphasis is on increasing the ability to communicate through listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Study of the culture relating to each language is an integral part of the program.
- Our students take a district assessment at the end of grade 8. They are then recommended for high school placement options.
- Upon entering grade 9, students are encouraged to continue at the second level of language started in middle school, and/or begin level one of a different language. French, German, Latin and Spanish are offered based on sufficient enrollment levels.
- Students take a district assessment when they reach the appropriate level of proficiency.
- Continued advanced study further refines, develops and enhances a given language beyond the Regents examination standard.
- Use follwing links to access high school course catalogs to view World Languages course descriptions: