The Williamsville Central School District is committed to providing a safe and economical transportation system for students. During the school year, Williamsville’s Transportation Department provides bus service to over 11,000 students who attend more than 75 schools.
Graham Violino, Transportation Supervisor
Questions? Call 716-626-8397
The WCSD Transportation Department has announced that the afternoon bus transfer has been relocated permanently to Maple East Elementary, 1500 Maple Rd., beginning with the 2019-20 school year for students attending private and parochial schools located outside of the school district. The transfer times include 3:10 p.m.,3:40 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. The district has notified families affected by the change. Maple East is located next to Millard Suburban Hospital on Maple Road. Previously, the transfer site was Forest Elementary School. Please call the Transportation Department at (716)626-8397 with any questions re. the new transfer location.
Students who reside in the Williamsville CSD and attend out-of-district schools:
For residents whose child attends a private or parochial school located outside of the District boundaries, an application for busing must be submitted to the Williamsville Transportation Department. This application must be filed every year. Applications will NOT be mailed out. Applications are available at the child's school of attendance, the Williamsville Transportation Department, and online.
- 2020-21 Transportation Application
- Informational Brochure: Transportation to out-of-district school sites
- Letter to non-public schools about Transportation Requests
Regulations for Special Transportation Requests (including Daycare)
- The Williamsville Central School District will transport a child to a PRIVATE baby-sitter's residence only when that residence is located within the attendance area of the Elementary School the child attends and is on a normal bus route.
- Transportation will be provided to LICENSED child care providers within the District and:
- Transportation to the providers not located within the Elementary child’s school attendance area will be accomplished on a TRANSFER basis.
- Children may be on a bus for an EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME.
- AM child care transportation must be within the attendance area of the school in which your child is enrolled.
- This special transportation, when provided, will be on a 5-DAY PER WEEK BASIS ONLY.
- Special transportation arrangements must be for a minimum of ONE MONTH.
- Transportation will be provided only after the parent has COMPLETED an “Application for Special Transportation Arrangement” (available at link below). The parent must allow AT LEAST TWO WEEKS for approval and the start of service.
- To instruct their children so that they thoroughly understand their travel pattern and the NAME of the place to which they are being transported.
- To provide their children with some form of IDENTIFICATION which is to be carried at all times, giving NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, PARENT’S NAME, EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER, AND NAME OF CHILD CARE PROVIDER.
- That, if school is closed during the day due to some emergency, their children will be transported in accordance with the arrangement which would be normal for that day.
- To re-file this form by JULY 15th for the upcoming school year.
- To re-file this form for canceling arrangements.
What Musical Instruments are allowed on the bus?
The following musical instruments ARE PERMITTED* on a school bus on a regular run to or from school:
- Alto Saxophone
- Tenor Saxophone
- French Horn
The following musical instruments are NOT permitted on a school bus:
- Baritone Saxophone
- Baritone Horn
- String Bass
What Athletic Equipment is allowed on the bus?
The following Sports Equipment is allowed on the bus only when in appropriate cases/bags: baseball and softball bats, field hockey sticks, lacrosse sticks and tennis rackets.
Sports Equipment NOT allowed on a school bus include hockey bags, skateboards, hockey sticks, roller blades.