We are ALL partners in Bus Safety!Safety Tips for Parents:
- PARENTS are responsible for getting their child(ren) to and from the bus stop safely!
- Clothing can get caught! Jacket and sweatshirt drawstrings, backpack straps, scarves and loose clothing may present a danger if they become entangled as a child gets on or off the bus.
- Instruct your child(ren) to remain seated while on the bus and avoid horseplay or being exceptionally noisy.
- STOP for school buses with red lights flashing, even in the school parking lot!
- Be on time.
- Never run to or from the bus.
- Stand well back from the curb.
- Stay in your seat. Keep the aisles clear and keep heads and arms inside windows.
- ALWAYS obey the driver.
- Keep the noise level down and avoid distracting the driver.
- Wait for the driver’s signal before crossing.
- Never bend down near or under the bus.
- Cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus.
- ALWAYS check for traffic both ways before crossing.