The following is a list of things you should know regarding the scheduling process:
- The scheduling process begins on December 12th when students begin meeting with their counselors during Social Studies classes to place their initial course selections into the computer.
- Course of Studies Night (also known as 8th Grade Orientation) will take place on Thursday, January 9th from 6:15-8:15pm in the auditorium. This year, we again invite ALL parents and students who will be at South High School next year to come and discuss course selections with members of our departments. In addition, we will offer everyone the opportunity to hear current AP teachers and students discuss the course rigor and expectations of AP courses and ask questions to help determine which AP course they should take.
- Counselors will meet individually with students to input course requests.
- The Curriculum Handbook is available on WITS and the South High School website.
- The Course Request Error/Omission deadline will be June 12th. Therefore, students must identify Errors/Omissions to their course requests by this date.
- Take time to review the schedule request form with your child before signing.
- Seek out guidance from your child’s school counselor if you have questions.
- Have your child discuss appropriate course level recommendations with their current subject teacher.
Thanks for your continued partnership,
2021-2022 Curriculum Handbook